You are here: Home / Seychelles Hotels / Coco de Mer Hotel & Black Parrot Suites
Coco de Mer & Black Parrot Suites
Great location with very pleasant atmosphere on Praslin
» Rooms & Suites
» Restaurants & Bars
» Location & Map
Our Expert’s Highlights
Welcome to the Coco de Mer Hotel & Black Parrot Suites a tranquil boutique hotel located in the quiet and beautiful south of Praslin
The main building of Coco De Mer merges in with its attractively rough surroundings using natural stone and dark wood, giving the hotel a secluded sense. The luxury Black Parrot Suites, located on a promontory away from the main hotel, feature a private lounge, bar, and pool, making them ideal for a lavish getaway.
The hotel has a new design after undergoing renovations in 2018. The beautiful ocean jetty – one of the greatest spots to witness a breathtaking Seychelles sunset – is a great new addition to the hotel, complete with an infinity pool and wide sun deck.
The hotel’s dining options range from delectable foreign fare to traditional Seychellois delicacies. An all-day eating location, an à la carte grill, and the welcome Mango Bar, which specializes in colorful drinks, are all located here. The Waterfront Spa has magnificent views of the ocean and provides distinctive treatments while inhaling the alluring scents of citrus and cinnamon.
The boutique Coco de Mer is an exquisite refuge of leisure with only 40 rooms. The Superior Rooms are positioned just back from the beach with wonderful ocean views, while the renovated Standard Rooms overlook the grounds. The 12 Black Parrot Junior Suites are situated on a rocky outcropping, providing extra privacy and spectacular views of the lake.
Nestled in a quiet and peaceful natural landscape, where the only sound you hear is the crashing of the waves on the beach, is the “Coco de Mer Hotel & Black Parrot Suites”. Surrounded by a lush tropical garden with mango trees, coconut palms, and colourful flowers.
Named after the Seychelles nut palm, the personally managed resort is truly in the Garden of Eden. The suites of the popular hotel are reserved for adults and teenagers. They are located in the “Black Parrot Suites” part of the hotel on a small hill with a breathtaking view of the sea.
Rooms & Suites
The Coco de Mer Hotel is the hotel’s main area, while the Black Parrot Suites are located separately on a hill and are only available to adults and teenagers aged 14 and over. The Coco de Mer Hotel’s facilities are also available to Black Parrot Suites guests.
- The 22 Standard rooms (50sqm) are located further back in the garden.
- The 18 Superior rooms (50sqm) are closer to the sea.
- The 12 Junior Suites (68sqm) also offer an espresso machine and are located in the Black Parrot Suites area of the hotel, which is idyllically situated on a hill. From here, guests enjoy a beautiful view of the Indian Ocean.
The total of 52 rooms and suites at the Coco de Mer Hotel & Black Parrot Suites are spacious and cosy. All accommodations are equipped with air conditioning, ceiling fan, in-room bathtub, bathroom with shower and WC, hairdryer, safe, telephone, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar seating area, and balcony or terrace with a seating area. All rooms and suites face the sea.
The Black Parrot Suites does not allow children under the age of 14, although they are welcome in our Standard and Superior rooms.
Restaurants & Bars
“Hibiscus,” the primary restaurant, delivers delectable local, Creole, and foreign food. If you have booked half board, this is also where you will eat your evening buffet or menu. The à la carte restaurant “Mango Terrace” is well-known for its seafood specialties, as well as foreign and regional cuisine delights. Two bars serve refreshing cocktails and refreshments, with the “Black Parrot’s” bar and sun terrace reserved exclusively for its guests.
- Hibiscus Restaurant – main restaurant: cuisine: Asian, French, international, country-style, oriental, regional, fish/seafood, grilled dishes
- Mango Terrace – restaurant: cuisine: international, typical of the country, regional, fish/seafood, grilled dishes
- Mango Bar – Poolbar Outdoor
- Black Parrot Bar – Lounge bar
The “Waterfront Spa” of the Black Parrot Suites is situated on a hillside with a stunning view of the sea. In three treatment rooms, guests can choose from a variety of massages and treatments.
- Classic massage, sports massage
- Foot reflexology,
- Thai massage
- Herbal stamp massage
- Hot stone massage.
- Bathing treatments: Herbal bath, Brine bath
- Beauty/cosmetic treatments: Anti-aging, facial treatment, manicure, pedicure
- Water sports Without charge
- Canoe, kayak, stand-up paddling
- For a fee (partly third-party services)
- Catamaran: third-party provider
- PADI diving school: third-party provider
- Snorkelling excursions: third-party provider
- Fishing: Third-party supplier, deep-sea fishing: Third-party provider
- Play golf at the Constance Lemuria Resort: Third-party provider
- Sports & Fitness No charge
- Fitness room
- Against charge (partly external services)
- Tai Chi
- Smoking area
- Check-in time from 12:00
- Check-out time until 10:00
- Hotel opening: 1989
- Last complete renovation: 2018
- Reception, money exchange facilities, hotel safe
- Guest services
- Garden area
- Sun terrace
- Pools: 4
- Children’s pool: outdoor, freshwater, integrated children/baby pool, sunbeds, parasols
- Pool “Coco de Mer Pool”: outdoor, seawater, hammocks, daybeds, sunbeds
- Adults-only pool “Black Parrot Pool”: outdoor, seawater, hammocks, daybeds, sunbeds
- Infinity pool “Over Ocean Pavilion”: outdoor, seawater, hammocks, daybeds, sunbeds
- Bath towels: free of charge
- Souvenir shop,
- Internet: WLAN/WiFi
- Internet terminal: free of charge
- Laundry service: for a fee
- Concierge service, luggage service
- Pets not allowed
- Parking facilities: Parking (subject to availability), unguarded: no charge
- Business centre: no charge
- Meeting facilities: Conference rooms: 1, air-conditioned meeting rooms, daylight, coffee breaks: at a charge
- Size of hotel/facility: 200 ha
- Number of buildings: 15, Rooms: 52
- National Category: 4 stars
Location & Map
The hotel is roughly 20 minutes from the airport and situated on the beach of Bois de Rose on Praslin’s southwest coast.
Coco de Mer & Black Parrot Suites
Anse Bois de Rose, Praslin Iskand, Seychelles
Phpne: +248 4 290 464
How do you know this Hotel?
We are in Seychelles and know all resorts, hotels, and villas! We have visited the resort several times.
Handpicked best Seychelles hotels with at least 4-Stars
CARANA BEACH HOTEL | DOUBLETREE HILTON | FISHERMAN’S COVE RESORT | LE DOMAINE DE L’ORANGERAIE
Discover Praslin Island
Praslin is Seychelles’ second-largest island, located 40 kilometers east of Mahé. It was named after Gabriel de Choiseul, Duke of Praslin, who conducted an expedition there in 1768. It was discovered by Lazare Picault in 1744. This island’s original charm will delight nature lovers and vacationers seeking peace and quiet since it is known for its magnificent waters and outrageously gorgeous natural features.
A journey to Praslin involves visiting some of the world’s most magnificent beaches. The iconic beach of Anse Lazio, located in the northwest of the island, features white sand scattered with granite rocks on the edge of the blue sea excellent for swimming and snorkeling.
This island, with its picture-perfect beaches, has a lot to offer! Indeed, the beauty of this island will wow you, whether you come for a relaxing beach vacation or to explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time this website was created. Please check before booking if the details are still correct.
Image credit: Coco de Mer & Black Parrot Suites